Sunday, December 28, 2008

blog views

man I need to start posting more...my average blog views just keep going down and down.

Anyway, I got home about 2 hours ago...from home....it's hard and weird being bicoastal...as soon as I get to Oregon I feel comfortable and happy...and then as soon as I get into New York I feel comfortable and happy...but in different ways and for different reasons in both places.

Anyway, Christmas was nice. It felt kind of thrown together to me, and that may just be because I procrastinated and was working so hard in the weeks up to Christmas I never really felt in the Christmas spirit. I got a Wii and a really awesome quilt that my mom made. Plus a check for "student loan" payments in a card that said something about starting off the new year with a little student loan help. Nothing says Merry Christmas like a reminder that you're drowning in debt.
I kid. I feel like I got really spoiled this year...I think my parents miss me.
I definitely gained about a thousand pounds...I don't know how it's possible for pants to get that much tighter in 4 days.
Something like half of all New Year's resolutions are weight related...and 75% fail.
I cannot fail though, because....
my sister got engaged!
Which is crazy!
She has been with her boyfriend (fiance!) for about a year and a half. I got to spend some time with him at Christmas and he is a good guy and I think will be a welcome addition to our family. He proposed to her today, and she texted me with a pic of the ring while I was in the cab on the way home from the airport as her way of letting me know. I cried, apparently I was the only one...Ashley said she didn't even cry and I guess my mom didn't either. I'm such a sap.
But, I guess afterwards they were talking about it, Ryan said, "oh you're sister's gonna be pissed that I didn't do it while she was here" Which is funny, because after I said "oh my god!" I said "I am pissed at Ryan! Why didn't he do it while I was there!"
Anyway he had some whole cute way he was gonna do it. Anyway, I am happy for them.

So that's about it. I have a whole comment on the Whopper Virgins commercial nonsense I think I will write about later. Oh also my new favorite thing is Ruby on the Style channel. It's about this obese woman trying to lose weight. She is very likeable and I always feel kind of inspired.

1 comment:

Steph said...

ruby is my new favorite show, too! i liked the episode when she went to the dmv to change the weight on her driver's license and she had lied about it so much before she would have had to say that she only lost 16 pounds to make it true...and then she was like, "oh yeah, what am i gonna tell the dmv people, i'm fat now but you should have seen me 16 pounds ago!"

i am glad you are in favor of ryan...i was in a museum when you called today and couldn't get back to you. i'll give you a call when i'm back in town!