Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I got Brooklyn blowing up

So my friend Ed does a show every Monday night in the back room at Union Pool in Williamsburg. After an evening of many drinks he invited me to share the stage with his band for a short stand-up bit. Since I was like 20 people have often told me I should do stand up...so if this goes well I may try an open mic night somewhere.
Anyway. Monday. March 30th. Union Pool. Sometime between 8 and 9...Ed says we should "feel out the crowd" to determine when the best time for me to go on is.

Update: My mom says I used to talk about doing standup when I was little, which I don't remember. I also wrote in an "about me" book in 3rd grade that I wanted to write about myself and my life when I grew up. It's nice to stick to one's goals.

3 comments:

Business Horse said...

I am considering doing this same thing. How did it go?

Caitastrophe said...

Um, it didn't really go how I wanted it to but it also wasn't at a comedy venue. I might have had a little bit of a breakdown afterwards...but I am getting a little distance from it and kind of thinking I might try it again in a while at like an actual comedy venue.
That said, I totally think you should try it. It's worth it just to challenge yourself and do something different. Plus if your stand up is anything like your blog it should be hilarious :)

Business Horse said...

Thanks. I'm going to have to do it one of these days, I'm getting old.