Friday, May 23, 2008

$15 and a dream: proud to be an American

I went down to the courthouse yesterday to pick up some forms to fill out so I could file a complaint against my landlord for not reimbursing me for bedbug costs.
I ended up suing him.
Who knew it was so easy? Not me. I didn't even take any of my receipts or paperwork because I figured I would have a bunch of papers to fill out and I would rather do it at home. But when I went to get info about they said I had to file a small claims suit. So I went to get the paperwork for that. Anyway, it's just one form where you just say what you're suing for, you pay your $15 and then that's it. My court date is June 25th.
I ended up adding other bedbug-related costs to the lawsuit. I just wanted him to reimburse me for the cost of the extermination which was a little over $400. But if I'm gonna file a lawsuit I figure I'd go all out. I had to buy a new bed, new pillows, the expensive mattress cover etc. So I put all that in too.
So that was yesterday AND I joined the Y. It was a pretty busy day which is why I justified sleeping...baaassically until 2 o'clock today.
Actually the sleeping too much is a little out of control, as it usually is, but it's making me too lethargic so I'm trying to snap out of it. Unfortunately, I have the self-control of an infant....but I'll try anyway.
I need a craft project for unemployment times. I've been reading a lot though. Currently I am reading a book about traumatic brain injury, which is interesting but I don't recommend because I am concerned that I and everyone I love will get brain injured and pretty much be screwed forever. I'm going to start encouraging people to wear a helmet while driving. And also while walking. And also while at home. Most accidents happen in the home. Stay safe. Keep your brain happy.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Who knew it would be so easy! Makes me wonder who I could sue....hmmmm... Speaking of, Chris' suit is finally settled. The dude ended up getting 250,000 out of the 8 million he originally sought. And that, my friend, is why you don't sue a pizza delivery guy.

Congratulations on finishing school by the by. You're my hero and I'm proud of you.