Thursday, June 19, 2008

You would love the limelight too

Well, fans, I know everyone is just dying to hear about my tv debut.

First up: I won! The judge awarded me the cost of the extermination plus partial costs for some of the extra money I had to spend.

All in all the experience was pretty surreal. I had a job interview in Chelsea and they sent a car to pick me up from the interview and take me to the studio (Which in an interesting twist was only a few blocks from my terrible first placement with Mrs. Ruiz...somehow it makes me feel like my life has come full circle).

When I got there a PA whisked me off to "my" green room. Where they had a vanity mirror, a desk, a couch, a little tv and a sink. Another PA got me a sammich and a soda and it seems like I could have asked for pretty much anything.
Not long after I had been in the green room they took me to hair and makeup. Everyone was really nice and I felt pretty comfortable. I could get used to fame. I had to sign a bunch of releases. I checked specifically to see if I could blog about it, and it seemed to be ok. Everything else was pretty standard. I can't be on another court show for 2 more months though, about anything, which I thought was interesting.
After I got my hair and makeup did I went back into the green room. It was the afternoon and there were a lot of court shows on, but I couldn't bring myself to watch them so I settled for law and order, which I only half watched because I was starting to get kind of antsy.
They don't let you sit around for very long and soon I had to go down to the set for a "walk-through", where they tell you how to walk through the door, walk down the aisle and how to use the telestrator, which puts your evidence up on a big screen.
When I went back to the green room I got "Miced" Mic'd? I dunno. Anyway, and I also met with the production team"
Erin, the producer is everything that you would expect in a tv judge show producer. She was intense, talked fast and encouraged me to be as graphic as possible about the bedbugs. She also gave me a picture of an actual bedbug to use as "evidence" although I'm not entirely sure how it's evidence if the production team pulled it off of the internet. I liked her though she kept saying things like "bottom line, he owes you this fuckin' money. He doesn't have a case. So you'll just get out there and fuckin' win"

Anyway, that's it for part one because I need to do some more apartment research. Basically I am having a nervous breakdown right now about finding a job and a place. Where is the secret when you need it???

3 comments:

Marissa said...

I was about to start comment harassing you for an update. Looks like my restraint has paid off (The Secret???). Congratulations! Do you know if they'll send you a tape? Send me one!!!

Caitastrophe said...

I don't think they send me a tape, but I am planning on, between now and the end of Sept, learning how to put things from DVR to YouTube

Steph said...

if they said all that stuff to you it makes me wonder what they said to sam..."don't worry, you just go out and act dumb and take shit from judge karen and we'll pay you the money"?